UNICEF at a glance
UNICEF is on the ground to help children.
Working in more than 150 countries around the world, UNICEF strives to reach as many children as possible with effective, low-cost solutions to counter the biggest threats to their survival.
- child immunizations and vaccinations to more than half of the world's children
- clean drinking water and sanitation, helping nearly 1.8 billion people gain access
- protection against malaria; in 2008 we distributed more than 19 million anti-malaria bed nets
- nourishment to prevent malnutrition; to bring children back from the brink of starvation
- care for children affected by AIDS and for infected pregnant women to prevent transmission of the virus to their babies
UNICEF has saved more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization and is not daunted by war or conflict, disaster or disease, geography or logistical complexity.
Despite extraordinary progress, 22,000 children still die each day from preventable causes. Our mission is to do whatever it takes to make that number zero by giving children the essentials for a safe and healthy childhood.
We invite you to join us in our efforts to save the world's children. As a monthly donor, your gift will save lives every day by supplying UNICEF with the supplies we need to bring our solutions to the children who need them.
Become a monthly donor today and begin saving lives!